Network Boot Parameters
Feel free to read the full paper or this short article to make some estimations of the economic viability of merge-mining our network.
- Initial shard count in Jax.Network MainNet is 3
- Beacon chain average block interval is 600 seconds
- Shard chain average block interval is 37.5 seconds
- BC block body size is 768KB
- SC block body size is 60KB.
- Mining hash function is SHA256d, meaning that every device which is used for mining Bitcoin or its forks can be used for merge-mining Jax.Network
- Hash sorting number is 10
- Initial BC block difficulty is 2⁶⁴ hashes
- Initial SC block difficulty is 2⁶⁰ hashes.
- The premine size of JXN is 36,000,000
- The block reward on the beacon chain is set at 20 coins per block after 5 years
- The initial value of the K-coefficient is 2^-60 JAX/hash, meaning that on average 2⁶⁰ hashes should be computed in order to get 1 JAX
- There will be timelocks on miners BC block rewards
- A shard expansion protocol determines the conditions which should be satisfied to open a new shard
- Miners can vote on the value of the K-coefficient and determine it through a consensus.